Friday, March 12, 2021
2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m via Zoom
Register by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrants will be sent a Zoom link
Application Deadline for Fall 2021: May 15, 2021
To encourage and mentor the next generation of scholars in international relations, The Saltzman Institute of War and Peace Studies created a special program for select undergraduate political science majors, the Saltzman Student Scholars Program.
Chosen through competitive application, under the guidance of Institute Director Keren Yarhi-Milo, Saltzman Student Scholars will be invited to public and private Institute events including seminars, round tables and meetings. They will receive mentoring from members of the Institute and guidance when preparing their applications for graduate school. Should they wish, Saltzman Student Scholars can apply to become research assistants at the Institute, an opportunity to work with faculty on courses and independent research. Saltzman Student Scholars will be listed in a special section of our website along with their photo and profile.
Qualifications and Application
Applicants must be rising juniors or seniors with a declared major in political science, history, or area studies, with an interest in international relations. History and area studies majors must have completed at least two courses in political science at the time of application. Applicants may be from Columbia College, The School of General Studies, or Barnard College.
- Submit a 1-page essay describing your background, interests, accomplishments, challenges, and anticipated future plans.
- Request that a confidential reference letter/email be sent by a faculty member or teaching assistant from a class you have taken in political science, history, or area studies. Your recommender should be able to comment on the quality of your academic work. The letter may be sent directly to the contact listed in number 5.
- Submit an official college transcript including grades from the Spring 2021 semester. If you are a transfer student, include an unofficial transcript from your previous institution.
- Submit your resume.
- All materials should be emailed to Saltzman Institute Assistant Director Ingrid Gerstmann email@example.com. Questions may also be addressed to her via email.
- The application deadline for the Fall 2021 Saltzman Student Scholars Program is May 15, 2021.